Echo Vault: This notorious hospice was founded only 45 years ago but quickly shot to worldwide fame and influence. Located just below an abandoned subway station in Manhattan, Echo Vault is infamous for initiating the Toxnet project back in the mid-80s. After its denizens got their hands on some ARPANET servers and infected them with the Scourge, they created a highly secure secret network; in so doing, they indirectly enabled the Zero movement. Now the hospice is reportedly trying to infect a modern Internet server with the Amirani virus to take things to the next level. They are all renegades and hackers (many of them Jakamaks), and several are actually affiliated with the Zero cause. It is said that the “old-timers” who run the place have a secret agenda—one they’re not sharing with anyone.
- Public Front – An abandoned subway station. Main door hidden behind false wall in old managers office, or behind old billboard?
- Garage – Used for storing vehicles and working on heavy machinery. hidden door goes onto tracks.
- Workshop – Industrial equipment and metal shop.
- Relay Room – Where the shortwave radio and other equipment is kept.
- Purgis Hall – Where Purgis is held.
- Maw – Dropshaft to the Utukku cavern (for feeding it Odium and Ichor).
- Banshee Cave – Place of entertainment carved out of the rock. The old-timers call it the “Opera House.”
Connecting the levels
- Elevator Shaft – Often broken; much lamented. Old School open cabin
- Stairs – Usually gotta use the Stairs. Spiral Stairs
- Hatch – Only members and special guests are invited past this point.
- Trap Room – Designed to catch and kill invaders.
- Guest Rooms – For hospice guests (mostly Profaners from other hospices).
- Kitchens – Skag-run & operated (the food’s not so good).
- Mess Hall – Meals; common space; meeting room.
- Storerooms – Tox tend to collect a great deal of junk over the years.
- Gibbets – Private quarters for the residents, situated off a long, stretching hallway.
- Laboratories – Varies between hospices: mechanical engineering, biolabs, chemistry, etc.
- Weapons Locker – Where the firepower is safely locked away.
- Vault – Highly secure storage place for Ichor.
- Training room – Rooms for probates to train Vectors in; soundproof.
- Library – Full of weird, old, decaying books.
- Oath Chamber – Council room where ceremonies take place.
- Generator Room – Alternate source of power.
- Cold Room – For food, bodies, and computer servers.
- Mainframe room – Kept cold; where the Z-mod computer is situated.
- Shrine – Amirani Chapel where icons and statues of Utukku are displayed.
- Spawning Pool – Rashi-creation facility.
- Hell Kennels – Guard dog rashis are trained and bred here.
- Skag Pit – Skag training, holding, and feeding.
- Escape Tunnel – One exit is on the east river below the waterline; Skag-built.
- Utukku Cavern – The lair of the Utukku drake, “Cinnamon”.